Israel’s Postexilic History:
Preparing for the Arrival of the Messiah
A Study of 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther
LESSON 18 QUESTIONS:
1. What did Rehoboam do with the law of the LORD?
2. Who was Shishak and why did he appear in Jerusalem?
3. How numerous was the army that challenged Rehoboam?
4. What were the effects of the repentance of the leaders of Judah?
5. Who succeeded Rehoboam as king?
6. How many men did Abijah assemble for battle and how many did Jeroboam bring together?
7. What does Abijah say about God’s worship in Jerusalem?
8. Where was Bethel located? Why had this place been so important to Jeroboam?
9. Describe the reforms instituted by Asa.
10. How many men were in Asa’s army? How many were in the Ethiopian army? What was the first step in Asa’s battle plan?