Monday, August 8, 2011

AN AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY

I am the one sitting near the back of the building. I am not there every time the saints meet, but I am trying and I am doing better. I haven’t been a Christian long and when I see the same people worshiping God each week, I am encouraged to be more faithful. I know I am missed when I get phone calls or cards in the mail. Thank you for being friendly and encouraging, and caring.

Bible study is new to me, so please be patient if I don’t understand some of the things that seem so easy to you. I never went to church as a child. Until recently, all I knew about Moses was what I had seen in the movie, The Ten Commandments. After studying about Moses in the Bible, I realize that much of what I know about God and His Word is man’s version and not the truth. I want to learn the truth found in the Bible but in class it seems that everyone knows so much more than I do and I hesitate to ask questions for fear of showing my ignorance. Please be patient with my lack of knowledge, but also show me when I am wrong. Someone mentioned a weekly Bible study in my home and I think that would help me.

I want my children to be raised in the church buy my little ones are not used to sitting still. I try to keep them quiet but it is very hard to pay attention and follow the sermon with wiggly little ones. I really appreciate your sitting with me and helping me keep them quiet.

My older children go to school with your children and watch their actions with other teenagers. Thank you for raising them to stand for what is right so they will be Christian examples for my children. It is very hard to explain to them the wrong of dancing, mixed swimming, wearing mini skirts, et cetera, when they see teenage members of the church doing these things. My children are encouraged by the youth devotionals and are learning the value of Christian friends.

When I see you at a shopping mall or a ball game, I watch to see how you act, dress, and talk. I know it is important to live a Christian life every day of the week and because you have been a Christian for many years, I look to you as an example. I read in the Bible where Paul told Christians to follow him as he followed Christ. I’m trying to follow you so I can grow strong and mature in the faith.

I know being a Christian example is an awesome responsibility. If you will help me, I will help others as I learn, and we can all walk through Heaven’s Gate together. 
Ginny Knox

No comments:

Post a Comment